Congregation Tikkun v’Or (Ithaca Reform Temple).
This part-time position (approx. 10-15 hours per week) involves close
interaction with young people preparing to become bat or bar mitzvah,
their families, and other young people in the temple community through
means such as:
· Individual tutoring of students in the months leading up to their bar or bat mitzvah service (approx. 2 hours per week)
· Midweek (currently Wednesday afternoon) instruction in Hebrew,
prayers, Torah study, Jewish values and ethics, and other subjects
(approx. 2 hours per week)
· Sunday morning instruction in Hebrew and prayers (approx. 2 hours per week)
· Tefillah services held during Sunday morning sessions for all
children in the Religious School (approx. 30 minutes per week)
· Meetings with students’ families to discuss the b’nai mitzvah program in general and individual service logistics
· Possible participation in bar and bat mitzvah Shabbat services under the Rabbi’s leadership
· Coordination and leadership of class services, guiding Religious
School students in grades 2-3 and 4-5 to lead one service each per year,
and guiding students in grades 6-7 to lead two services per year
· Possible assistance with social and educational programming for teens
This position works under the close leadership of TvO’s Rabbi, who sets
the vision and goals for the b’nai mitzvah program. This position
coordinates efforts with the Religious School director, including
sharing weekly curriculum information and participating in staff and
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a mastery
of Hebrew and Jewish liturgy, have educator experience (preferably with
children and teens), be well organized, and enjoy interacting with both
children and parents. Music skills are a plus. TvO will work with the
chosen candidate in crafting a detailed position description that
incorporates responsibilities matching the individual’s strengths and
interests. The average time commitment will be 40 to 50 hours per month,
with months during the school year generally requiring a greater time
commitment than summer months.
For all inquiries about the job,
please email email@example.com. This position is part-time and
does not include benefits.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to:
or -- Attn: Search Committee, Congregation Tikkun v’Or, Ithaca Reform Temple,
PO Box 3981, Ithaca NY 14852
Resumes will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until this position is filled.
Tikkun v'Or also has positions open for Religious School teachers (Sunday mornings) and teen group advisor. For more information, contact Naomi Wilensky at 607-256-1471 or firstname.lastname@example.org.